I finally jumped on the “pillowcase” dress bandwagon.  I’ve seen them all over the place and thought it was finally time to give it a try.

It was incredibly easy to make.  I used a couple different sites as references.

In the end, I just kind of did my own thing.    Instead of making a pocket for the long ties, I made a casing and added elastic.  Making the neck line stretchy, and adding straps that tie at the top. I used the same fabric from the ties to make a contrasting band at the bottom of the dress, just for a little added detail.

The nice thing about this dress is that it will fit her for a long time and she liked it!

About these ads